Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:11 pm 

To celebrate the year of the dog, we should keep a tally of the number of podium spots Gunnars take nation wide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:46 pm 
Absolutely!

Great idea! Let's use this thread to post the success of Gunnar and their masters.

Post your racing pictures, podium shots and results here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:19 pm 

Man, 2005 was a good year for me and my Gunnars 1 win and 4 podiums in cross and mtb. Maybe the year of the dog will be even better.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:42 pm 

Glad you're up for this, Dave. It is my experience that you can't have great race success without risking everything and failing miserably somewhere along the way. So, to keep this sporting (and hopefully entertaining) I hope we can open this post to extraordinary race failures too...LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:30 pm 
Absolutely agree! I look forward to this as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:19 am 

I use my Roadie to compete in multisport events. I see very few steel bikes in transition areas, and even fewer Gunnars.

I am not sure if you all are interested in these results, but I don't race in cross, mtb or road races.

On March 25, 2006, at Charlotte's Finest Duathlon (run-bike-run) in Charlotte, NC my Roadie and I finished 3rd in my age group (a "podium" finish) - 10th overall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:00 pm 
Yeah! Nice job.

Any form of competition on your Gunnar is welcome! Thanks for racing your Gunnar and sharing the results!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:43 pm 

After a nine year hiatus from racing, I returned with a win in the "C" race at the Oxbow Spring Classic. It's Minnesota's version of the europeon spring classics on gravel/dirt country roads.

What was especially nice was there were other Gunnar's there too. (Bikes not riders)

Crosshairs with fenders and custom peeps holder/dispenser

I think there were a couple others you can search the photoset here http://www.skinnyski.com/

Mahalo.

Rochester Alleycat Racing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:55 pm 

My Gunnar and I have competed in seven 24 hour races. All have been on 4-5 persons teams. I will attempt a solo 24 hour race next year for my 50th birthday. Best finishes have been a 3rd place (199 years combined) at the 2002 24 hours of Arizona and 12th place (out of 30 teams) open Sport division at the 2003 24 hours of Temecula (Calif.), which was the most grueling course ever to set tires on. It was a 12 mile loop that had 1,900 feet of climbing per lap and some scary and dangerous drops. The course has since been changed due to various souls who ended up in triage.

Gunnar Boy :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:11 pm 
Here is a photo of Junior speedster Kelby Shaw and his RockHound on their way to a third place finish at Iola Bump and Jump.

Kelby has been invited to the USA Cycling National Development Camp and has qualified for Nationals. He is 16!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:45 pm 

Great work Kelby! Keep your eyes out for another Rockhound at NORBA Nationals. Mine took me (Grant Kier) to a second place Semipro finish at a recent AMBC race in Boise, Idaho. I'll be rooting for you at Sonoma, and let me know if you need someone in the feed zone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:30 pm 
Well, G-MT kicked off this thread. There must have been a little forshadowing since he aced the Nationals in Semi Pro last week! Check out his story on the front page. Very cool. You feel like you are there riding with him.

We look forward to hearing updates from the rest of the G-Crew.

Nice Work Grant!

Post subject: Superweek 2006
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:52 pm 

Superweek 2006 has come and gone and Velo Trocadero cycling has much to be proud of. With team members attending nearly every race of the series, our custom team edition Gunnar bikes drew attention for 16 straight days from fellow cyclists and spectators alike. Needless to say, our Gunnar bikes performed *very* well, as evidenced in our 27 "Top 10" results, including two stage wins and seven podium finishes (over 70 finishes in all!).

Velo Trocadero's team tactics (and Gunnar bikes!) lifted Casey Masterson to the top of the Category 3 overall standings and left him tied for 1st place at the end of the Superweek series. Considering that he won the Category 4s just one year ago, there is much to be proud of.

Here are just a few pics of the action we saw over the last couple of weeks. Enjoy and check back for additional photos...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:44 am 
Performed very well, indeed. Nice job Casey & crew!

Post subject: Gunnar are fast...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:33 am 

I recently purchased a Gunnar 29er Rockhound equipped with a Vicious Fork from THE SKI HUT in Duluth, MN...As a veteran racer of over twenty years, I am pleased to report this set up is very light and very fast. With Mavic Open Pros/XTR hubs and No Tube Crows for tires, the bike weighs 23.4 lbs. I rode it last weekend in the Ore-to-Shore and finished 20th overall and two weeks before that I rode it to a 2nd place overall finish in the 12 hours @ 9 Mile in Wausau, WI. Its is a fast set-up that is clearly suitable for 90% of all the race courses one will ever encounter in the Midwest. Kudos to Gunnar...
Charlie Farrow