Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Show Off Your Gunnar!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:54 am 

We have added a new feature to this forum that will allow you to upload your photo (in .jpg format) and show it off on our message board! Simply use the link below and follow the directions. The code needed to display your photo in a post will be displayed after the photo upload is complete.

http://www.gunnarbikes.com/board/photoupload.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:56 pm 

Works great, easy to use!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:02 pm 

My baby! Sunglasses probably needed, and maybe one of the most-noticed bikes around the DC area.

Not bad in an area where non-cyclists buy Mad-ones just because that Lance Armstrong guy (whoever he is) rides one.

Don't let the long back end and rack eyes fool you - the only thing that slows this bike down is me! It corners fast, and straight lines without having to worry about its attention wandering.

Just realised - this is an older shot. It's since lost that funny triple chainset thing for a "Cheap-O Compact" - 39/52, clearance price old Ultegra with a 13 - 25 Shimano 105 cassette that was on sale for $20.00

regards

Dereck

Post subject: Gunnar Sport
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:24 am 

I own a custom Roadie. Bought the below Sport used and beat up. I had it powder coated black metallic and cleaned up the parts. The bike is as new. I was pleasantly suprised with the handling of the Sport. I also really like the steel fork. The decals are not official but I paid my local print shop $7 for the vinyl lettering and I like them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:02 pm 

Here's my '99 Crosshairs - posing with it is none other than Gunnar himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:46 pm 

Here is my Ruffian SS. I went with red chris king hubs and a matching headset. Not the best quality photo, but you get the idea. I love this bike. Ill post picks of my newly completed 2005 Street Dog soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:54 pm 

My new Ruffian SS!! Had it about a month...rides better every time!! This is my 1st single speed...don't know why I didn't get it sooner!! My geared bike is getting jealous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:41 pm 

Here's my '04 Sport. Its all Campy except for the long-reach calipers. I really like the way it rides, and the fact that it's unique, not another Trek (not that there's anything wrong with Trek).

Scott

It's a Sweet Ride

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:16 pm 

Mmmm, that green over yellow looks good, CrowLegs. So many good looking bikes in this thread.

Well, here's mine. '05 Sport in Lime Twist Color of the Month. Ultegra drivetrain and brakes, Thomson post, Mavic Open Pros w/ Ultegra hubs, Fizik Arione saddle, Deda 215 bar, Cinelli cork tape, Cane Creek headset, King stainless steel cage, etc. etc. blah blah. Love the look, love the ride, what else matters? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:37 pm 

Here is my 2005 Gunnar Street Dog. Currently running a 42x18 fixed/free. This bike is fabulous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:05 pm 

New OS2 Sport with the Gunnar steel fork and a color of the month (Lime Twist). Campy Chorus, except the brakes, Campy Proton wheels, Thomson, ITM and trusty Rolls Ti saddle. It's exactly what I wanted, a high performance comfort machine. The finish is first rate. I have no idea how a Waterford finish, or anyone else's, could be any better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:53 pm 

'05 street dog, 72 gear-inches, all steel front end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:24 am 

I had just finished the "test ride" -- a tour around Lake Simcoe (around 700KM). This picture was taken near the beginning of the tour. :D It's a custom Rock Tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:35 pm 

fun to see personalities come through in these bikes-
love my new 29'er!

Post subject: Gunnar Sport OS2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:09 pm 

Image[/img]

Photo of my new Gunnar Sport in commute mode, along with one of Gunnar's relatives....Zeke. Please note that this is not the standard geometry and the rise in the top tube is a bit more pronounced on this bike because of my long legs and short torso (60cm seat tube, 56.5 top tube). In addition the head tube is longer than standard (220mm) as I wanted to have the handlebars at or slightly below seat level. Steerer has not been cut down as I am still playing around with different fits.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next