Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:59 pm 

Gunnar Rockhound 20.5 inch Frameset, Red. Comes with Fork, Wheels, Headset, Stem, Handlebar, Front Disc Brake, Seatpost Clamp, and more. Details follow.
I purchased this frame as "New Old Stock" and built it up in May of 2006. Frame was professionally prepped (facing of both head tube and bottom bracket shell, tapping of bottom bracket shell) and treated with Frame Saver.
Rode it until May of 2009 when I built up another frame and used some of the parts from this bike. Never wrecked, abused, or mistreated, just average XC riding, no jumps, drops, or anything extreme. Not a lot of miles either, I would say no more than 1000 total. Some cosmetic scratches, most painted over with Gunnar Touch-Up paint (also included). One small dent (about 1/4" in diameter and 2mm deep at the center) on the underside of the downtube 3/4" in front of the bottom bracket shell which is also painted over.
The frame has Canti Bosses ONLY, NO REAR DISC MOUNT. It does have rear rack braze ons at the drop outs and the upper seat stays, two sets of water bottle cage braze ons. It takes a 27.0mm Seatpost, a 27.2 will not work.

Also Included:

Marzocchi Bomber MX Comp 80mm Air Coil Fork. It has an uncut Steerer Tube, and was professionally serviced in May of 2008 as maintenance.

Forte (PerformanceBike) Terramax 32 Spoke Dual Use (Disc or Rim Brake) Wheelset w/ IRC Mythos 2.1 Tires, Tubes, and Velox Rim Strips. The tires are used but still have some life.

Cane Creek S3 Headset with spacers

Alloy Stem (90mm) and Handlebar (Riser) 31.8 Clamp Diameter

Avid BB7 Disc Brake w/ 160mm Rotor (on Front Fork)

WTB Speed V Saddle. Yes it is used, but still useful, I just don't need it.

Used Ascent (from Performance also) Clipless SPD Pedals (no cleats).

Gunnar Touch Up Paint (Red), Original Fork Manual, Fork Rebound Adjusting Rod, and Seatpost Clamp

Gunnar says the geometry of this frame is the same as what is listed on their website except for the head tube length. This one is about 116mm, I could not use calipers because of the headset so I used a tape measure

Price is $350 plus $40 for shipping. I will ship anywhere in the lower 48 States and will only use Paypal for accepting payment. Price is firm. If you have any questions or would like some photos please contact me.