Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:28 pm 
Thanks for the feedback Charlie! Best of luck for the rest of the season!

Post subject: Cyclocross
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:28 pm 

Hi Everyone in Gunnar-ville
I just wanted to drop a line and let everyone know my 05 Crosshairs has been battling it out in cyclocross competition the last few weekends.

No podiums yet this year I wish I could say my body has performed as well as the bike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:09 pm 
Nice! Great shots Jeff!

Post subject: a good season so far
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:12 am 

Last weekend, 3rd in Men's B on Saturday aboard my Crosshairs at Walstib Cross in Middletown, NJ and 2nd in Collegiate Men on Sunday at Nittany Lion Cross in Fogelsville, PA.

My pair of Crosshairs are treating me well this year.[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:16 pm 

It took me 37 hours on the run...I think I finished 4th or 5th or maybe 6th...Note: 10 out of 50 finished it...I run the Gunnar and he never let me down...the bike have soul, can't ask anymore than that 8)...check out Arrowhead 135

Post subject: read my race recap
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:17 pm 

Read my race recap, if you have the time and/or interest...29ers figured in the equation, even up against the Pugsleys!!

Charlie Farrow

ps Love my Gunnar, even at 35 below

http://www.teamskihut.com/index2.php

see Top Stories: race recap for the Arrowhead 135

Post subject: first race, 6th place
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:46 pm 

Here I am on my Gunnar Rockhound 29er in crossing the finish line in my first race (Beginners 35+) and I finished 6th place (out of 16). BTW, for the day, the Gunnars (courtesy of Mark Laytham at Ballwin Cycles) rocked the house by taking a 1st place, two 2nd places, a 4th place, a 6th place, and a 9th place. I think there were a couple of others I may have missed, but the coolest part was having other riders come by to ask about the Rockhound 29er's. (After my wife gets over the new Gunnar Sport roadbike, I'm ordering a S/S mtb.) Thanks Dave & Rich and the gang at Gunnar!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:02 pm 

Just finished the 2/3 UCI race in Covington, KY today. Since I registered at the last minute, and don't have any series points yet, I was THE LAST person to be called up to the start, meaning 40 other kids in front of me. Though I wasn't expecting too much, since I haven't raced cross in 21 months, I quickly worked my way through the field. I've found I was faster through the really mucky and more technical sections, including a steep downhill with 3" of nasty mud, just lean back and don't touch the brakes. Eventually I heard the announcer say talking about the lead group going through the mud pit, and it just so happened that I could see that group, I had no idea that they were the lead group until then. Eventually, I caught them, save for the lone leader (passed 2 of the 4 on the muddy downhill). I was making up ground on the leader, but for most of the race I was faster on the first half, and I could never make it up on the winner. Second isn't too bad of a finish though.

Ride on,
Gef

You can't really tell it's me, or a gunnar, but I'm the one in the blue.