Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:14 pm 

Made for Montana. Whether careening through a 'cross course, flying over fire roads, or sweeping over singletrack, this Crosshairs is responsive and nimble and the ride is silky smooth. Bring on the Rockhound...

Post subject: Rockhound
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:35 am 

My 2005 Rockhound.

[/img]Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:32 pm 

Hope this works....photo compressed so may be unclear.

Anyway....my 2005 Roadie.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:00 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:40 pm 

OK, here it is, my new Gunnar Sport, 52 cent. It is the 2005 version, slightly sloping top tube, 1 inch steerer tube, curved forks. Sort of a old/new-look with the curved fork and sloping top tube, but that is OK with me. It has the G logo on front . With the steel steerer I can get the bars up really high and am not limited to the number of spacers (like a carbon fork). The rear drop outs are Waterfords and look really nice. Sterling Silver color. All the braze-ons are super clean. I am going to use it for commuting and general riding. I used to race, but am now older with kid. Steel gives the best ride. Having a bike with good tire clearance is awesome and the ability to use downtube is nice if you want to. With downtube I can break my bike down to ship to fun places and I do not have to mess with all the cables and such coming from the bars. The 2006 Sport looks cool, but I am enjoying the curved fork look for now. It is nice to know that it was hand made in America and is backed up by the company. Keep posting your photos. I will put mine back up once I get it built.

Image[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:53 pm 

We need more pics, lots of viewers but no pics. Another of my Gunnar Sport. yet to be built, but coming soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:02 pm 

Additional photos of my Gunnars can be viewed at http://www.velotrocadero.com/docroot/main/imgs/gunnars/

2006 Gunnar Roadie w/ full Campagnolo Record group, Chris King headset, Bontrager Race X Lite carbon cranks, Bontrager Race Lite Flat top bars, Bontrager Race xXx Lite carbon stem, Selle San Marco Aspide saddle, Easton EC90 carbon seat post, Time Impact pedals, Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL wheelset and some cheap composite water bottle cages. It rides as nice as it looks!

2005 Gunnar RockHound 29er set up as a single speed w/ RaceFace cranks and bottom bracket, SRAM single speed chain, FSA OS bars, Thomson stem, cheap cabon seatpost, old Specialized saddle, Hayes HFX-9 hydraulic disc brakes, custom painte Velocity Dyad rims laced to a Hayes/Hugi front hub and a White Industries ENO eccentric disc rear hub, Panaracer 2.1 tires and red Oury grips. I'll be putting the matching Thomson seat post back in, upgrading the saddle with another Selle San Marco Aspide and getting a better fork at some point (just a cheap Surly Karate Monkey fork in there right now). Also, I'm going to flip the stem upside down so I've got less rise up to the bars. I absolutely love this SS 29er!!!

Post subject: 2006 Rock Hound
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:48 pm 

Newly built from the remainder of my old hardtail.
Now if the weather would turn, I could take it out for its maiden voyage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:53 pm 

Just got her built. Mostly XT with carbon bars and seatpost, Chris King headset and hubs and one Super Sweet paint job.

Last edited by nor on Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:41 am 

Post subject: 2004 Gunnar Sport
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:31 pm 

Here's my 04 Sport in Wineberry over Sterling Silver. I just recently built up the new frame with a Campagnolo Centaur drivetrain (w/alloy compact crank) and hubs, Mavic Open Pros, Tektro brakes, generic stem, Kalloy post, and TTT Morphe bars. I really love the bike. I tried to keep everything silver to match the Centaur parts and the silver decals.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:15 am 

Rockhound 29er with Igleheart Big Job fork

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:54 pm 

The great folks at Velo City Cycles in Holland, Michigan hooked me up with this great 56cm Roadie ... straight blade fork, charcoal silver paint, FSA cockpit, Rolf wheels, and Campy Chorus ... she rides like a dream.
I can't even begin to describe the ride at this point. It just totally blows away anything I've ever ridden. Whether climbing or sprinting or just cruising along, there's a smile on my face that doesn't go away. I love it! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:17 pm 

This is my khaki Roadie. Ultegra 10 with Deda bar, stem, and post. Fizik saddle, and Cane Creek S2 headset. The fork is a Deda Black Magic with the insert painted with Gunnar khaki to match. This is the best bike I have ever owned. The company is great and the craftmanship is awsome. A custom Waterford is next on my list.

Post subject: Matching Roadie and 29er
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:18 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next