Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:13 pm 

Dave, seriously, there needs to be a warning label on the bike.

Quote:
Warning: This bike will cause the owner to spend more time on the road and less with family. Family members are reminded to not touch the bike for fear the owner will cause severe bodily damage. Additionally, addictive behaviour in regards to cycling on this bike will increase and withdrawal symptoms will be intense if the bike is required to go in for long repair periods.

:D

I have never enjoyed cycling now as much as I do on this bike. I swear, my next one -- a singlespeed -- will be another Gunnar. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:32 pm 
:lol: :lol:

I love it! We'll put it on the top tube like the old Schwinn wet brake warnings.

Thanks for the comments and we look forward to serving again.

Wishing you many happy miles,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:16 pm 

You could add "Causes more time to be spent talking about Gunnars than doing much else"!

Last Sunday, set off on a big group ride around Kent Island (Eastern Shore, just, MD) - a guy on a yellow Roadie comes up alongside me, we point at each other's Gunnars, spend next five miles discussing them.

Yesterday evening - hot as all, and I ride down the trail to meet wifey, who's commuting back from her office. The suggestion of heading to a coffee shop for a cold one goes down all too well. We park up outside the coffee shop - Sue's on her "Flamboyance Yellow" baby, mine's the fairly well-known red/yellow fade job. A total stranger comes past - not for long, he's got a purple Sport at home. We spend ten minutes discussing Gunnars!

I've never seen folk discussing Treks like this! :wink:

Now, if we could get "Gunnar" decals down either side of the seat-tube, that would catch anyone who missed the dowtube.

Post subject: Talk
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:51 pm 

Talking about Treks is boring

Post subject: Gunnar Pride
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:34 am 

Dave

Obviously there are a lot of proud Gunnar owners out there, myself certainly included. Are there plans or do any Gunnar logoed items exist ie caps, jersey etc?

Pat Mc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:30 pm 

Dave, I'm with Pat on this. I know you're a small company and are working your tails off just to keep those great Gunner bikes shipping but you're sure missing out by not having the web store up and running. Can you imagine, people actually paying you to advertise your company.
Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:22 pm 

I asked Richard Schwinn about this just recently. I am interested in a cycling cap, especially. I was told there is a logo change underway and promo products will be available with the new logo in the future. I hope so. One suggestion---if cycling caps are made, please source the caps from Pace! They're American made, and more importantly, they fit American skulls. I have Nike caps and they're way small for my 7 1/2 sized head. The Pace caps fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:46 am 
Gang,

Logoed stuff is definately on the menu. We pulled the webstore project temporarily due to the excessive delay in getting our final finished logo product from the folks working on it.

Once that is done we will be working on a new jersey design and all other stuff will fall into place.

Hang in there!

Post subject: logo gear
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:14 pm 

I must have purchased one of the few remaining jersies. Because I bought a LG jersey with the yellow gunnar logo. The Jersey is black, red, yellow, and white (for the bones). The jersey looks more like something you'd see on the trail, I am strickly pavement bound.

Post subject: Ms Mittens
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:33 pm 

"Don't tell me what you think... Go out there and DO IT"

Apollo Creed to Rocky Balbo vs. Clubber Lang, Start of Round 3.

Get a SS and you'll never love your geared bikes the same way again!

"Somewhere there's a nice, sunny place with warm breezes and shady palms where all the second-place guys train."
Bob Kennedy
USA Record Holder, 3000 and 5000 Meter Runs