Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Picked up my new Sport
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:08 pm 

My three month odyssey is finally over. I have to commend Charlie Wade and the guys at Suncoast Bicycles Plus for their patience and attention to detail. I opted for the Waterford paint in Sherwood Forest candy metallic green, and it's beautiful. I have relatives who work in auto body, and I've seen custom cars with paint jobs that were not as nice. Truly worth the extra money. The welds are tiny and neat, and show true craftsmanship. My riding impressions are still limited, due to Florida thunderstorms, but I did get a quick 20 minute "dial in" ride completed. This bike is very comfortable. I had it built up in the Rivendell/iBoB vein, with barcons, a Sugino crankset, Nitto Noodle Bar, fenders, and a B17. It's my first experience with barcons, but I think I like them. I have a 40 mile round trip commute, so I'll have plenty of saddle time to form a more thorough opinion, but so far I'm very impressed. No pics yet but coming soon. I'm so retro I don't even have a digital camera! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:15 am 

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your bike. I saw a Sherwood Forest Candy metallic green Waterford at my LBS and loved it. I hope you can borrow a digital camera soon so that we can see the picture.

Your bike setup is similar to what I think I am looking for. I have used barcons for years and find them very easy to use. I recently test-rode a bike with STI shifters and had a hard time with them. I ride with my hands on the brake levers, and found that I often shifted gears by mistake - especially when using my hands as leverage when trying to push a bit harder on the pedals.

I hope you will share more thoughts about your new bike - especially your thoughts about the Nitto Noodle Bar. I have been reading the Rivendell site recently, and am intrigued by this handlebar.

Happy riding,
Sean