Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:10 pm 

Well, went for a ride after work yesterday with some other employees (work at the local bike shop) and after about an hour and a half I did this!

Went into a sharp dip in the trail, picked a bad line and found the really wet mudd part with a root right at the bottom. It was on a trail I had never been on before, so I didn't know this part was coming up and I just failed to pull up in time and pick the right line. Really dissapointed though, I loved this frame. Headtube is a little ovalized, along with the cups of my King headset (just slightly). The fork seems fine though, I've inspected it all over and the steerer tube seems ok and doesn't appear to have even shifted in the crown. It still moves as smooth as ever and shows no signs of the crash. I really thought my fork would have failed before the frame and I wouldn't have expected the frame to fail that far back from the headtube. I wonder if that is where the tubes get thinner from the butting?

Well.....I'm going to go sulk for a while now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:18 pm 

You should be smacked around with a wet noodle for that kind of abuse of such a fine bike.

For shame! :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:05 am 

Hey now, it isn't like I meant to do it or was doing anything aggressive with it.....just a typical trail ride with me a little tired and a touch slow on the reflexes.

I swear I didn't mean to :) :oops: :cry: