Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:08 pm 

Hey everyone! I brought a custom rock hound last year, but didn't have enough money to buy a new fork. So now I am interested in a new fork. Has anyone put a 105mm fork and the hound. How is it? Can we do this? I am looking at the marzocchi mx comp fork. It's a XC fork and that about all I am going to be doing, maybe a bit on the agressive side, but all in good fun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:43 pm 

Well I guess I am going to go ahead and do it. I will let you all know how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:38 am 

Well it’s on, bit of a chopper feel and it extended my wheel base. Test riding it around the 'hood it was a huuuuge improvement over my old fork. Very plush, its incredible how it can pop up over curbs and other obstacles. I am taking it out to the trail today, so we'll see what it does out there…..I learned there is a reduction kit to 85mm, so that’s an option as well. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:15 pm 

Well I'll continue this lonely thread and let all the hound owners out there know my experiences with the new fork. Overall I am very satisfied. The fork feels great. Getting over log stacks are a breeze with this fork. Coupled with the steel frame this bike is smoooooth. The geometry of the bike is defiantly changed but I kind of like. The only downfall, but not really a downfall, maybe more like something to get use to is cornering. You have to "push down into" your turns more because your weight is shifted back a bit more, although makes going up hill quite powerful. So I like it, the fork makes the bike aggressive XC, which I can live with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:29 am 
Thank you for sharing. I have referred a couple of people to your thread to learn from your 1st hand experience.

BSG