Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:21 pm 

I am very interested in the Gunnar Sport , but I am 5 11 with well proportioned arms
and legs. Can I possibly be inbetween sizes and need to go custom?? I was told by a LBS
that im inbetween 56 and 58 and the only way for a perfect fit would be to go custom....
is this possible??

Post subject: it is possible
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:16 am 

especially if the shop really wants to sell you a custom. after owning about 20 bikes in the last 10 years i would say you should be able to easily adjust fit on a gunnar by moving saddle fore or aft or using a different stem. seems we are talking about one or two cm at the most and usually one can get an excellent fit on an off the rack frameset...especially if you are of normal human proportions.

i own a custom Steve Rex, an off the rack Rivendell Rambouillet, and an off the rack Gunnar Sport and i swear i have them all dialed in very close to the same contact points and love to ride them all.

tha't not to say they each feel exactly the same, but my fit on them all allows for all day riding in comfort. each has just slightly different dimensions and geo, but the contact points are very closely matched and make for a great ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:51 pm 

the 56 and 58 seem to have the same reach (due to different seat angles and longer/shorter head tube), and the difference in stack is a managable 16 mm. As those are the most important figures I think you would be able to find i good fit on either one of them. Maybe they would feel a little different due to slightly different wheelbases, and they would look a little different to.