Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:26 pm 

Way Cool Ride WVU! Very Retro 80s Green. The "ShimErgo" set up is spot on, I used it on my son's last two bikes (road & CX) and it gives the best of both. He was the NC State Champ for the Crit and in CX for his age group last year, so it definitely works; and the ability to take apart the levers when they get clogged with sand or mud is key, as well as the ability to use the lever Q/R button to open up the brake pads while riding without disconnecting any cable hangers. If I hadn't already SRAM'd my CX rig, I'd be riding it myself, and am contemplating switching over my project CrossHairs to ShimErgo and racing it this season. Keep the Rubber Side Down! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:39 pm 

Here's my "new to me" '05 54cm Roadie. Candy plum over charcoal, Reynolds ouzo fork, Campy centaur 10 speed, Thomson seatpost, Mavic Open Pro rims with Record hubs, Specialized stem, Bontrager FIT VR handlebar, Conti tires.

The ride is so smooth and responsive... I love this bike.

[/img]

Post subject: spare cross bike
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:59 pm 

This will be my pit bike in the upcoming season. I bought it NOS over the winter, and finally got to building it up now. It'll also serve a dual duty as a wet road/commuting/slow ride bike. 22.5 lbs as pictured! I do have lighter wheels for when it's at the races though.
The mini-v's have massive power and can lock up either wheel at will, with plenty of modulation between contact and flipping me over the bars!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:31 pm 

scelia wrote:
I picked up this beautiful 2006 Gunnar Rock Hound recently. I know the Thomson seat post is in backwards...

Is this a custom blue or the standard blue metallic? And is there any difference in quality between the custom waterford paint and standard paint?

I just ordered a blue roadie and if it looks like this when I get it, I'm going to be very happy. :o

Post subject: My Roadie Repaint
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:58 pm 

Here is a decent picture of my wonderful fade repaint that Waterford did for me. The color in the sunlight is truely something to behold.

Post subject: My Sport
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:31 pm 

Here is my Sport with Rivendell's Jack Brown Tires. I will post a new pic with my other wheel set, DT R1.1's with PR2's for a completely different look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:56 pm 

My new Sport in black w/ black decals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:04 pm 

Is your Alpha Q fork the new CS25 that takes fenders and bigger tires? Nice set up. Black on black always looks good. :D

Post subject: Gunnar Sport
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:49 pm 

Sharp eye. It is the Alpha Q CS 25 that allows fenders and wider tires. The fork is very light and stiff and rides very nice plus it matches the Sport's spec'd rake.

Post subject: Crosshairs
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:25 am 

My new Crosshairs.

I have to say thanks to everyone at Gunnar for building such a great frame. It's not only fast and unbelievably fun to ride, but it looks great too.

SRAM group (mostly Rival, but some Force and Red mixed in), Avid Shorty 6 brakes, Ultegra/Open Pro, Time ATAC pedals, Thomson seat post/stem, Fizik Arione, Salsa bars.

Sorry for the indoor pics... I haven't had a camera with me when it's light out yet.

I also uploaded a close up of the paint if anyone needs another look at the Orange Glow Over Sterling. It's super sparkly!

Post subject: My Crosshairs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:26 pm 

In cross mode

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:07 pm 

longbody wrote:
scelia wrote:
I picked up this beautiful 2006 Gunnar Rock Hound recently. I know the Thomson seat post is in backwards...

Is this a custom blue or the standard blue metallic? And is there any difference in quality between the custom waterford paint and standard paint?

I just ordered a blue roadie and if it looks like this when I get it, I'm going to be very happy. :o

That was the standard Gunnar Blue. I have since had it stripped down and powder coated Candy Blue with metal flake. Many other changes to the Rockhound. The old crank was a Profile Racing tubular CroMoly (very similar to the BMX cranks they make).

Post subject: The "Groadie Roadie"
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:11 pm 

Here is my 54cm Roadie. I didn't care for the Roadie sticker so I decided to have a bit of fun - sorry Richard but I endearingly call her the "Groadie Roadie". Victory Circle Graphix made up the matching stickers for the top tube and fork. Best bike I have ever owned, and the titanium fade to charcoal paint is perfection. Thanks guys....

Also thanks to Mother Lode Bicycles in Sparks, NV for a great build and service. Just plain terrific.

Last edited by richsto on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:57 pm 

my new crosshairs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:45 pm 

To save for future reference, I'm adding the Magic Blue with panels photo. I love the panels on this one. Makes for a classic look.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next