Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2006 Gunnar Roadie
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:04 pm 

Hi all. Just wanted to send a shout-out to the good folks at Gunnar and all of you who own Gunnars. I've been rockin' my '06 Roadie for awhile now and I fall in love with her every time I take her out. I bought her new in Feb of '06 with the silver to black fade and a matching straight fork. She still sports an Ultegra 9 speed double gruppo with hand built black Mavic Open Pro's (by me) and Ultegra hubs. ITM stem, Selle Italia saddle, Crank Bros clipless pedals and some rather old and boring but still strong nothing fancy components. I own six other bikes and maintain three bikes for my fiance. I try to ride my different bikes to better appreciate them all. In April I usually begin my riding season then by mid-June I work up to my best bike, the Roadie. It's kind of a ritual I work up to; sort of earning my way to my Roadie. She still puts a smile on my face when I take her out. When I'm off of her for a while and I get back on it's kind of like saying to myself "where have you been and how much faster can you go"? You kind of get the point, I love the way she rides and corners.
She only has a few small scratches and chips in the paint but she still looks new to me. She get's waxed twice a year as per instructions with Turtle wax. She is still my favorite bike!
Do you have a favorite Gunnar ? If so please tell us about her.
Sorry, no pics yet.
Thank you again Richard and the artisans at Gunnar Bikes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

. . . And thanks for those very kind words. They warm the cockles our or collective hearts!

Richard