Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:34 pm 

Ok. Ed at Ideal Bikes should be calling you guys with an indication of payment for my Rock Tour and its fancy black/candy red leaf design with my domain on the top bar (MsMittens.com).

Sigh. I hate waiting....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:11 pm 

The wait just recently ended for me. Your post reminds me of mine a couple of months ago when I plopped down my deposit at dealer "a". After 4 weeks of getting nowhere with them, I went with dealer "b". 4 weeks after that as promised, I had my new Gunnar Street Dog. The waiting was tough, but the end result was well worth it. I couldnt stop thinking about my frame when I was waiting. Now, when Im not riding it, I cant stop looking at it all built up. Excuse me while I turn around.........aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:53 am 

BConnerAZ wrote:
The wait just recently ended for me. Your post reminds me of mine a couple of months ago when I plopped down my deposit at dealer "a". After 4 weeks of getting nowhere with them, I went with dealer "b". 4 weeks after that as promised, I had my new Gunnar Street Dog.

The problem I have is that there is no Dealer B in Canada. Ideal is the only supplier of Gunnar. I doubt I'll have that issue. I've met the guy before he moved and he doesn't strike me as dishonest. Besides, with me posting here it's almost like a two-pronged "poke". :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:11 am 

Now it's going to get even longer. My present bike, a DeVinci Patriot that I've pounded the crap out of and over 30,000KM in 7 years, is physically falling apart.

*WAH*

:cry: :cry:

I want my Gunnar!

Post subject: Joined the waiting game
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:37 pm 

Well I have just recently joined the waiting game after making the final committment for a new custom Sport. I orderred it through River City Bicycles in Portland after viewing the diagram that the folks at Gunnar produced. It is the new Sport with the OS2 tubing, custom geometry to accomodate my long legs short torso and the need to have the handlebars just below seat level. While I flirted with the optional colors my budget dictated one of the standard colors....I chose Black with the silver and red outlined decals. I saw the color on a Gunnar in a shop and it looks great. Now the wait.....

Pat Mc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:16 pm 

Sigh.

No preview shots or anything like that on the frame (custom Waterford paint job on it)? Ed had said that it would take about 4 weeks to do the frame. I'm hoping he got the order in on time. I hate that he's somewhere else in the province and I'm in the big city.

No chance of an update?

Pul-eeeze?!?

(I definately do not have the patience of Job). :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:53 pm 

Rats.

Now it looks like the bike won't be ready until end of May, which means the earliest I can get to Ideal Bikes (275KM east of me) to pick it up will be June 11/12 since I have committed to do the Ride for Heart on the weekend of the 4th. :(

*WAH*

I want my Gunnar!