Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fastlane inquiry
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:08 pm 

Looking for more info about a possible Fastlane purchase; I'm really looking for that mythical "all rounder", i.e. around town, the trails, and about 30-35 lbs. of touring baggage, balanced front/back.

Anybody have recent pics of one built up?

How "relaxed" is the frame geometry? I've had various sport and sport-touring bikes in the past, but haven't been riding for about 3 years now. My previous was a Trek 1500 and that was simply too agressive a geometry for where I am at now in life (age, lack of stretching, a slight back injury, etc. etc. blah blah blah).

What have any individual's experiences been with the disc Uni-fork? I of course want something that would accomodate some loaded touring, but still am interested in the positive ride qualities of steel.

I am very interested in wider tires & fenders, after always riding sport-oriented bikes. Has anyone had experience with mounting fenders to the Fastlane with the disc Uni-fork?

Can the standard braze-ons on the downtube accomodate Dia Compe-style ratcheting shifters? Or am I dreaming too blissfully about the "good old days"? (Side note: Guess I should really get a full measurement from a dealer, huh? And perhaps downtube shifters are no longer desirable from the perspective that I am looking for a more upright position?)

How have the standard braze-ons worked for you? I would also like some feedback on the effectiveness of the low-rider mounts on the uni-fork--thumbs up/down...?

Thx, Rob

Post subject: Fastlane
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:00 pm 

It's labeled as Crosshairs but it's a Fastlane model

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82733211@N00/3358605694/sizes/l/in/set-72157615387748250/

I'm very happy with it. I commute to work loaded with 25lbs in my rear panniers. I have even loaded up to 50lbs to test, handles it with no problem.