Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:33 am 

Writing this entry on inauguration day 2009 there'll be lot's of presidential promises made...likely unfullfilled...but biker's have more personal and achievable objectives. Personally, I'd like to outfit my Gunnar Roadie, which now has older Ultegra, with one of the SRAM groups. My riding goal is to get my riding group (Berlin Chain Gang) bigger, better and more organized this year doing some charity rides in the process. And I want to bump up my miles from 3,000 to 3,500. What's your hardware/riding goals?

Post subject: Step 1 get a Gunnar
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:41 pm 

I sold my car at the end of last year and I get around with public transportation just fine, but I would really like to have a Gunnar as my main ride.

I would have an 9.5 mile commute each way on bike paths mostly with an optional route along the Milwaukee river on some single track.

I'm committed to getting around without a car, but the addition of a bike would be better in so many ways. I just did a recap of my car spending in '08; gas, tickets, repairs, and I want to use roughly that much for a bike. Doing a Gunnar build-up is pushing the budget to the high end but it could be doable.

I hope to start test riding other bikes very soon and having it ride ready before the first thaw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:44 pm 

My goal is to ride 5000 miles, so far so good, keeping on average.
Also, I don't want to drive unless I have to, I'm not brave enough to sell my car though. I've already braved wind chill of -27 (actual -11) riding to work. The neat thing is that I wasn't the only one that had a bike parked outside of the office! Though I'm sure others have experianced colder, it's plenty cold for me.

Though a Gunnar might be on the high end for you, curriergroh, it's worth the price. Especially during the winter they are affordable on *gasp* ebay or craigslist. A used gunnar is better than no gunnar!

Ride on,
Gef