Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:46 pm 

I'm looking at the Roadie, Sport and Crosshairs geometry. The Roadie is out because I like running fenders. Both the Sport and Crosshairs would take my 28c tires and fenders but I like the look of th Crosshairs better with the curved fork. Anyone using their Crosshairs as their main road bike? The Crosshairs does not appear to have the same cross' geometry of other brands. Thanks. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:19 am 

I used to until I went with a custom Waterford. I ride my Crosshairs in the winter. It takes a bit of adjusting, due to the differences in geometry, seat tube angle mostly. You won't be sorry with either one. If you like the curved fork, ask, you might be able to get it on the sport. Waterford makes it, so I don't see why it would be a problem. Unless the canti brake studs are an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:04 pm 

I remember reading somewhere why the Roadie and Sport had straight blade forks and I think it had something to do with the fork crown. Maybe someone else knows why only the Crosshairs has the curved fork.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:34 pm 

Though I have a Waterford, I find it's not nice enough outside most days for it, so I ride the crosshairs. I also like being able to run the fender with fat tires. It keeps up pretty well, though it's an 02, which used 853 tubes. I also have an 07 crosshairs with the OS2 tubeset, and it has a ride quality that's a little snappier (more snappy?) It's a very nice ride on the road either way, and if i wasn't in love with my waterford, I wouldn't keep it.