Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gunner 29er rant
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:16 am 

[b] :P Ok,I am gonna' buy custom 29er Gunner. it will be that color of the month ...orangesh and flashy. I want a chainstay clearance inside to inside of 70mm were the tire will be. That should take care of fat rims with fat tires during the winter.I will have a rigid fork during the winter and a susp. fork during the summer.My biggest concern is standover. I am only 5'7.5" tall.32" inseam.Also,will Gunner build me a custom ridged fork fo the winter? Disc tabs,no cant bosses and susp. corrected to match my summer fork. I hope they can. Richard suggested some of Gunners hair in the clear coat. Splended idea! But where? TT.DT.Seat tube?

Gunnerluver[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:20 am 

GL, what is the paint effect "Gunnar hair"? I'am not familiar with that one I have started a new Mid West team "Gunnar Pilots" our team frame color will be "Sunshine Yellow over Shamerock Green" Its a super sweet metalic pale'ish Green, Nice!

Post subject: Gunner Hair
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:36 pm 

G Cap,
Gunner Hair is when Richard S. captures some of Gunners(shop dog) hair(sissors) and carefully lays it under the clear coat of your paint job. Brilliant idea!

GL

Post subject: 29"er
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:32 pm 
Hey Leonard!

We are working on finalizing the geo's as we speak. We'll have a better idea of standover shortly and talk soon.

As for the fork. Vicious says they will have a suspension-corrected rigid fork by May.

We could make the Gunnar hair an option...but we really try to keep it out! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:53 pm 

Hello all,
My 29er Gunnar numbers are close. It is taking a little time because I have a freak body...5'7.5" w/ a 32" inseam. Geo is a little tricky. I am just about settled on a 70.5 head,74seat,23.3TT,60mm BBdrop,450(for the inside to inside stay clearance) on the chainstays(I think) 16.5"seat tube and a 90degree 105mm stem matched to a 468mm 43rake fork. All of that should give me the standover I need and the handling I want for the winter(rigid fork) and summer(Reba 29er). Still going with the metalic orange paint.Anyone out ther have a opion on 29ers for small folks?

Gunnerluver[b][/b]

Post subject: Small 29" frame/fork
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:42 pm 

Here is a picture of a small IF 29" bike. Also check out first Gunnar EBB SS model made. You can get 3 Gunnar's for the price of an IF! :twisted:

http://www.speedgoat.com/gallery.asp

"Somewhere there's a nice, sunny place with warm breezes and shady palms where all the second-place guys train."
Bob Kennedy
USA Record Holder, 3000 and 5000 Meter Runs