Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:56 pm 

I just picked up my new custom rock tour frame today, it's sublime. This usually doesn't work out for me but it's exactly what i was envisioning (and i've been doing a lot of envisioning for the last 6 weeks). My thanks to everyone in Waterford and Brad at American Cyclery in san francisco. It's nice to be able to stare at the actual frame now instead of the pictures in my head. ;)

Unfortunately I wrecked a few weeks ago (cars are problematic in san francisco, and elsewhere i imagine.) and broke both of my arms. It's not as bad as it sounds, but in the end i've got two lame limbs and can't ride or drive for a while.

So i'm spending my time working through the build a little more and i can't find any definitive information about size of discs that will work with it.

The bike was built as a custom rocktour with disc tabs and i'm planning on putting Avid BB7 mechanical (road) brakes on it. I'd like to go with 160mm rotors both front and back but want to make sure they'll fit. It'll (probably) be chris king hubs, which (also probably) doesn't make a difference in terms of this question. This is my first disc bike and i don't know the tolerances and compatibilities between all of the disc brake gear yet..

Can anyone confirm that 160mm rotors will fit and by what margin? The fork is the Vicious Cycles cross fork and was bought with the frame.

thanks! i'm really looking forward to my arms mending and being able to turn this beautiful frame into a beautiful bike!