Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:39 pm 

I have a sport and I'm hoping to commute on it. I work in a nursery school, so I don't need a full change of clothes. But, I would like some type of bag for a change of shirt, book, tube, tools, maybe a rain poncho - who knows. I am debating between getting a rack top bag and using an old Pletscher or using a saddlebag. I am leaning towards using a saddlebag with some support like the Rivendell Hupe or Carradice Bagman. I like this option because it is easier to take on and off than a rack, but I am worried about saddlebag wobble. Anyone have any experience?

thanks,
ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:03 pm 

Greets Ben, there's a shop in MD called Velo Orange with a good selection of medium size "old school" saddlebags, they have a website. If you find anyone in the US with the Carradice Bagman or Expedition, please post it! They seem hard to come by on this side of the pond.
Cheers, Tom
Roadie, Crosshairs, and a Yellow Lab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:05 pm 

Hey Tom,

Here is a link to a specailty shop in New Hampshire, Peter White Cycles. http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/index.html. It looks they have a bunch of Bagman. There is also Wallingford Bicycle Parts (out of New Orleans I think). http://www.wallbike.com/carradice.html.

I've never bought anything from the shops. But their stock looks pretty good to me. I'll definitely check out Velo Orange.

Take it easy,
ben