Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:37 pm 

I'm getting ready to order a Crosshairs with the Gunnar steel fork through my LBS in Houston. My current thoughts on color are Gunnar Blue Frame with Sterling Silver Fork. Can I mix frame and fork with different stock colors at no extra charge?

Does anybody have a picture of this combination of frame/fork color on a road frame (doesn't have to be crosshairs)? ... or has anyone seen this and have any feedback on how it looks?

Also, while I'm here ... the only custom paint option that is appealing to me is something like this: Gunnar Blue with black Gunnar and Crosshairs lettering (decals) on white background (white background wraps around the tubes and is outlined with black line). I'd want the fork the same white as the white background behind the decals. Its a pretty common and perhaps "old school" effect (e.g. Lemond) so I imagine you get my drift. If that makes any sense ... is something like that within the realm of possibility with the $125 paint upgrade?

Thanks!
Grady

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:19 pm 
Hi Grady,

The paint upcharge to a waterford level of finish is $125. The the masking will be added at $60 per mask line. Result for what you are asking will be $245.

A stock silver fork with your stock blue frame will be no problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:10 pm 

Thanks for the clarification Dave.

I was looking through the color of the month archives and that silver to race car blue fade is pretty sweet too.

I want to finalize my order tomorrow so I guess I better decide soon.