Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FS: 60cm Waterford 1150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:57 pm 

Its time to part with a Waterford, (now that I just got another one, that is.) Spring is in the air, so perhaps your thoughts are turning to riding.

I'm selling a 1998 Waterford 1150, serial number B98074. This frame and fork are made from Reynolds 531, so its a very smooth riding bike.
According to Mr Hellekson, this frame is the predecessor to the RS-11, that means stable, road-sport geometry.

Geometry (This is from the 1999 Waterford catalog so I can't vouch for its accuracy beyond the things I can actually measure, seat tube, top tube, standover and chainstay lengths but I'd bet its darn close to the specs of the 1998 model I'm selling.)

Seat Tube: 60cm, center to top
Top Tube: 58cm, center to center
Head angle: 73 degrees
Seat angle: 73 degrees
Chainstays: 43cm
BB drop: 75mm
Fork rake: 43mm
Fork trail: 62mm
Standover 84cm

I'm the second owner of this frame. It was powdercoated by Hot Tubes in a lovely blue called periwinkle. Note, because of this, there are NO WATERFORD DECALS on the frame.
There are spots where the powdercoat has chipped, but there are no dents or dings anywhere to be found.

I've used the frame exclusively as a fixed gear commuter, (the horizontal drop outs make converting to a fixed gear a breeze.) I've only put 2500-3000 miles on the bike in the three years I've had it. I live in Tucson, so it has rarely seen rain.

Frame, fork and did I mention the installed Chris King headset?

$550 includes shipping to the CONUS.

I have pics that can be emailed if you're interested.

Steve
Tucson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:26 pm 

Okay, so maybe I over-estimated. Its still a great riding frame.

What you say to a new price of $450, shipped to the CONUS.
The description is the same and pics can be emailed upon request.

Its time to part with a Waterford, (now that I just got another one, that is.) Spring is in the air, so perhaps your thoughts are turning to riding.

I'm selling a 1998 Waterford 1150, serial number B98074. This frame and fork are made from Reynolds 531, so its a very smooth riding bike.
According to Mr Hellekson, this frame is the predecessor to the RS-11, that means stable, road-sport geometry.

Geometry (This is from the 1999 Waterford catalog so I can't vouch for its accuracy beyond the things I can actually measure, seat tube, top tube, standover and chainstay lengths but I'd bet its darn close to the specs of the 1998 model I'm selling.)

Seat Tube: 60cm, center to top
Top Tube: 58cm, center to center
Head angle: 73 degrees
Seat angle: 73 degrees
Chainstays: 43cm
BB drop: 75mm
Fork rake: 43mm
Fork trail: 62mm
Standover 84cm

I'm the second owner of this frame. It was powdercoated by Hot Tubes in a lovely blue called periwinkle. Note, because of this, there are NO WATERFORD DECALS on the frame.
There are spots where the powdercoat has chipped, but there are no dents or dings anywhere to be found.

I've used the frame exclusively as a fixed gear commuter, (the horizontal drop outs make converting to a fixed gear a breeze.) I've only put 2500-3000 miles on the bike in the three years I've had it. I live in Tucson, so it has rarely seen rain.

Frame, fork and did I mention the installed Chris King headset?

$550 includes shipping to the CONUS.

I have pics that can be emailed if you're interested.

Steve
Tucson