Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:19 pm 

Dave:

I was searching the Wound Up website and saw on their road forks page that they are introducing a new 2008 touring fork. After emailing them I found out that the new fork is designed for long reach brakes, not cantilevers. See below for the respone from Advanced Composites. My question is how compatible would this fork, with an axle to crown height of 376mm and a rake of 46mm, with my 54cm Gunnar Sport? By the way I love my new Sport. I was unsure if the Sport was the right choice over the Roadie, but now I am sure I purchased the right bike. It is so stable and plenty quick enough, plus I have two sets of wheels and I can switch from 25c GP4000's for road rides to 32c Schwalbe Marathons for bike paths, city streets, and night riding. The straight blade steel fork rides no nice I am not even sure if I really need the carbon fork, but it sure would be tempting.

Thanks.

Ken

Ken,
Thanks for inquiry. Yes, we have a touring for long reach brake
available. This will accommodate 57mm caliper brakes. The crown to axle height is 376mm, rake options 41mm, 46mm, 49mm. The steer tube options are 1" carbon, 1" steel, or 1-1/8" carbon. This fork will compliment your Gunnar Sport. Let me know what other questions you may have.
Thanks,

Jake Jones
Advanced Composites, Inc

Here is the link to the site where I saw the news on the new fork.

http://www.woundupcomposites.com/road_fork.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:38 pm 
Howdy Ken,

Great fork! We have done a number of these for customers getting Waterford ST frames (the Sport's big brother). It will work just fine.

Dave

Post subject: Wound Up Fork
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:30 pm 

Dave

Have you used any of these new forks and can you provide a price? Yet once again I am toying witht the idea of shedding some weight from my Sport and even a few pounds from the rider as well.....thanks.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:52 am 
Looks like a SRP of $410..