Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:24 pm 

Welcome to the Gunnar forums. In order to post on these forums, we ask that you join the forums by clicking on the "REGISTER" option above. Please keep your posts in good taste, and enjoy the new forums!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:38 pm 

Glad we Gunnar owners have a forum to express ourselves about our bikes and such. I have had my Blue Flame Rockhound for 5 years now and it still rides like the day I bought it. It literally has over 7,000 miles on it and is a great 24 hour race bike.
I remember when I got it, many here in San Diego didn't have a clue about it. Now I see lots of Ruffians (those nutty SS'ers) cuttin' up the ST. I almost got one but these 47 year old knees have met the knife more than once so SS'ing is not for me.

Gunnar Boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:32 pm 

:twisted: 47 is the perfect age for a SS. You should have one - not to ride everyday or in all situations, but hey - just to RIDE a bike - there is no greater fun you can have than on a SS. I race one and love it to death. You can run a small gear and spin away or a big one and run up the hills. Try it and you'll be hooked.... I ride a size smaller Ruffian than my geared bike with a big wide riser bar and it is like a BMX bike. GO! :twisted:

"Somewhere there's a nice, sunny place with warm breezes and shady palms where all the second-place guys train."
Bob Kennedy
USA Record Holder, 3000 and 5000 Meter Runs