Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rock Tour and Custom?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:21 am 

I'm curious if anyone has the Rock Tour? It recently suggested to me in an article that appeared in the latest Bicycling Magazine. I'm also curious as to cost differences between a standard frame like the Rock Tour and say a customized version. And can I do customized through my LBS or do I have to go through the website (I live in Toronto so there is a Gunnar Dealer here).

Post subject: Rock Tour
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:37 pm 
Howdy!

I'll let an owner of the Rock Tour pipe up here. However; you can work with Ideal in Toronto whether it is stock or custom. Stock Rock Tour frame is $850US and if we do a made to measure it will be $1200US.

Best,

Post subject: Re: Rock Tour
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:50 pm 

DAVE HELLEKSON wrote:
Howdy!

I'll let an owner of the Rock Tour pipe up here. However; you can work with Ideal in Toronto whether it is stock or custom. Stock Rock Tour frame is $850US and if we do a made to measure it will be $1200US.

Best,

Ya.. I've spoken with them (still have to visit them). Now, $1200 USD isn't that bad, particularly with the exchange these days... Hrmmm.... that sounds even better. When it's made to measure, what exactly goes into that? (I know .. stupid question but I've never had one so...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:44 pm 
Made to measure will involve getting your body measurements and preferences and designing the frame to specificaly fit you. We start with the FitKit protocols for collecting skeletal data. bikefitkit.com will show where we gather data from. Once we have that we will discuss your preferences, concerns, injuries, etc. to get the total picture of wht we need to do for you.

When we do a custom, you will get to see the CAD drawing and spec sheet to approve before we build your new bike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:54 pm 

DAVE HELLEKSON wrote:
Made to measure will involve getting your body measurements and preferences and designing the frame to specificaly fit you. We start with the FitKit protocols for collecting skeletal data. bikefitkit.com will show where we gather data from. Once we have that we will discuss your preferences, concerns, injuries, etc. to get the total picture of wht we need to do for you.

When we do a custom, you will get to see the CAD drawing and spec sheet to approve before we build your new bike.

Do I have to go to a FitKit supported LBS to have this done? (I noticed that Ideal isn't listed there) or will Ideal know what specs to take?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:06 pm 
A LBS with FitKit training would be the ultimate. However, any competent dealer will be able to at least take the measurements by following the instructions from the FitKit website. We can take it from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:32 pm 

I knew I forgot to ask something important: if I put an order in say... February. How long will it take for the custom frame to be made? Would it be unreasonable to expect that I could be riding my new bike by April?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:29 am 
Customs usually take 4-5 weeks. April is realistic but we do begin to get very busy mid - late Feb so if you are planning a ride, make sure you give yourself some room when you place the order to be on the safe side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:44 pm 

Ok. More questions. If I choose a custom build and want to get custom colours, can I also get custom "logos" (a flag and a family crest) along with a name (MsMittens.com) put on my bike? If yes, how much? If not.. damn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:18 pm 
The flag and the crest will be up to you. We would be glad to put them on. Expect the pinstriped Ms Mittens to be about $30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:23 pm 

So you guys won't do custom designs or logos?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:34 pm 
We would be happy to evaluate your design and give you a quote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:40 pm 

Oh... very kewl... do you want me to post it here or shall I email it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:15 pm 
You can send it directly to me- dave@waterfordbikes.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:16 pm 

Oh boy! Oh boy! I've started the process finally to get the order in (got all them weird measurements off to the bike shop). I have been looking at the colours at Waterford and was wondering if this is possible:

Solid black with Candy Red and Maple Leafs? (see http://www.bikes.com/bikes/2005/special ... index.aspx -- I'm thinking of something like that but more leafs and smaller ones)

:D