Gunnar Cycles USA Message Board

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:48 am 

I'm curious to know if there's a distinction between the Gunnar and Waterford production team's at the Waterford factory. I do plan to visit but do the exact same welders and assemblers work on each line or is there some distinction between the two. I have this picture in my mind, probably total fiction, that the Gunnar "guy's" are playing jokes on each other around the shop like Orange County Chopper and hanging out for a beer after work while the Waterford "team" hurry home to run the kids to soccer practice before a glass or two of Merlot or Shiraz with the Mrs!! Whatever the interplay...you all do wonderful work...I pedal my Wisconsin made machine with great pride. Toyota may be drubbing GM but no foreign bike can match you guys!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:31 pm 
Hi steel4me,

:lol: :lol: I hate to disappoint...it's the same gang! While not quite as dysfunctional and a little less yelling than OCC, with fifteen views and opinions, we certainly have our own challenges. At some point we will have a Waterford virtual tour so you can see for yourselves. Until then, we love having visitors.

Here's the jist: Waterford is owned by Richard Schwinn and Marc Muller. Their passion leads a proud, dedicated 15 individuals that work their butts off hand crafting our products and telling the story. The only difference to us between Waterford & Gunnar brands are: specifications, protocols and intended market. They all get the same love.

Being as this is WI and the bike industry, let's just say the appropriate amount of brew gets consumed (not in the factory). Many of us are fans of the fermented grape as well.

Thanks for the kind words!